And while the BT-4s I got were too short, they were long enough for me to verify BT-4s will work just fine for the 8 tanks.
Besides the Pershing 1A, I have another 3D printed rocket project underway, a Saturn 1B. The main body is constructed around a BT-60 sized body tube. The scale will be about 1:156. The 3D files were created by scottdee and I downloaded them from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2958861. I upscaled the fin unit to Continue Reading
I’ve printed the last pieces from Leo’s files. The cable covers, the charge retainers, and the shock cord plate. The combined weight of these last parts is about 26 grams. long cable cover 9 gramsshort cable cover 6 gramscharge retainer 2 grams eachshock cord plate 7 grams I put these Continue Reading
The Lower and upper fins have been printed. The lower fins weigh about 10 grams each and the upper fins 13 grams. These fins are not scale, they are upsized for stability to match the Estes kit.
I’ve printed the 3 sections that comprise the nose cone. The sections have been dry fitted. My caliper measures my wall thickness as 0.80mm, and the combined weight of the nose cone parts dry fitted is 113 grams in total. Wow, it’s huge!
In the 70s I remember being at Service Merchandise and they had all the Maxi-Brutes, but I had only enough money to buy one. At the time it felt like the hardest decision of my life. I finally settled on the Honest John, but I always wanted the Pershing 1A Continue Reading