After a number of failed attempts, I finally got this to print out good enough for me. Some sanding to clean it up and smooth it out some, and it should be go for gluing the top on and primer.
Pershing 1A Estes Maxi-Brute Clone Part 7
Making real progress now, it’s starting to come together. I’m basically following the Estes plans. I epoxied all 6 fins on. I took my time I did them one at a time to make sure they went on straight, which was easy, as Leo did an excellent job on getting Continue Reading
Pershing 1A Estes Maxi-Brute Clone Part 6
Put the motor mount together. 24mm, I figure if I conclude the E12 won’t lift it, there are 24mm composite options, like the E30. And if I crash it, I might be unhappy, but I can always build another. Since it might fly with an E30, I used a heavy Continue Reading
Pershing 1A Estes Maxi-Brute Clone Part 5
To help with adhesion of the fins to the body tube with epoxy, I am drilling small holes in the back. To ensure I don’t accidentally drill through the front of the fin I am using my drill press so I can control the depth.
Pershing II Rebuild Part 3
Now 10 years later arrives 3D printing. Time to make a new nose cone, with improvements. I’ve added in some new details for the upper fins, and I made them larger.
Pershing II Rebuild Part 2
An employee of mine was stationed with the Pershing II for a short period. Knowing I build model rockets he challenged me to build one. I had a hard time finding data on it too. But I did finally find the Pershing II Technical Manual online. Page 116 of the Continue Reading
Pershing II Rebuild Part 1
About 10 Years ago I built a Pershing II based on the Estes BT-80 body tube. I launched the Pershing II on a D12-3 for the first time. It was a bitter sweet launch. Perfect launch and it went up straight as an arrow. Chute deployed fine, but the wind Continue Reading