Oops! Wrong shape for the nose cone. The nose I printed is an elliptical nose cone. The Enerjet cone is a spherically blunted ogive. Back to the 3D design board.
I connector I made was too loose, so I made a new without the raised lines. I think it’s a bit too tight. The 0.1 inch ring diameter is all too large. So either way, it’s a redo. Hopefully 3rd time is the proverbial charm. I also made a nose Continue Reading
Jack Hydrazine has created a 3D file for the enerjet fin can, this has made cloning the 1340 feasible. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3641770 The fin can has remained available in other kits, such as the Estes Eliminator for years, but even that has ended. The 1340’s outside tube diameter is the same as Continue Reading
Painted and decaled my Estes 1271 Astron Renegades. The red and black is a clone. The red, yellow, and black is a rehab of an eBay rescue of an original.
I got all the little detail bits glued on. Now, just need to decided where to put the launch lug. Then she’s almost ready to fly.
The Argus flew terrific. I went with the two parachute classic recovery.
Made a lot of progress. The body wrap was a pain to apply, I should have applied it before gluing the fins on. Still need to install motor mount.
Years ago I built a Boyce 1:396 Saturn 1B. Well, I used the nose cone from it, but the rest of the parts I wasn’t happy with, so I used my own and created waterslide decals instead of the paper peel and stick that came with it. I used half Continue Reading
Another project started long ago I finally brought to completion. http://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/kc-7.htm I like the old sci-fi style rockets, so I constructed an upscaled Centuri Quasar (KC-7) based on a BT-80 body and a 24mm engine mount. The ram jet intake and nozzels turned out to be pretty easy to make Continue Reading
I previously printed an Enerjet 1340 fin can in red graciously created by Jack Hydrazine. I decided what to do with it, clone a Centur Argus. But I still needed the plastic reducers if I didn’t want to use balsa. Last night I created 3D models for the plastic reducers Continue Reading